Monday, January 7, 2008

I can't hear you, kinda

When I woke up on Sunday, I found that my ears had somehow clogged or something while I was sleeping. I went the whole day yesterday feeling like I needed to pop my ears but when I try, nothing happens. It's like I have water in them or something but that isn't possible. I was hoping that when I woke up today that it would have cured itself but it didn't and I'm still muffled. It doesn't hurt, but it's annoying like when you leave a loud concert and you kinda can't hear very well for a while after except that I didn't do that and I also have a tiny bit of lightheadedness to go along with it. Anyway, after an extensive search on WebMd, I found nothing. I hope it isn't like those ear worms that were in that Wrath of Kahn movie that crawled into that guys ear and went into his brain or a giant brain tumor that's about to blow. That would suck. Do I have an ear infection? What the hell is up with my ears? I guess that going to a doctor would be more effective than asking the 4 people that read this blog to diagnose me but I like to live on the edge.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

They were called earwigs. I was so traumatized by that scene when I saw the movie that I have never, ever forgotten earwigs. The Dead Milkmen have a funny song called Earwig: "You got an earwig /
It's crawling towards your brain / And you got an earwig / The glorious pain."

Oh, and I have no diagnosis. Just useless trivia.

Anonymous said...

Earwigs rule!
I like that Gwen knows the Dead Milkmen, I saw them once, prolly 18years ago (I am so dating myself)

I do love that scene though