Monday, January 7, 2008

Come On In

Good gravy, it's January 7th, not even noon yet and it's about 70 degrees out. What in the world?

I trust you all had a nice weekend. We spent the weekend getting our house put back together. We now have an actual dining room with a table and chairs and a guest bedroom that you can enter without having to catapult yourself over piles of cake decorating supplies and random boxes of crap. I'm sorta sad it's over but Jeff reminded me that it ISN'T over, just the parts that I liked doing are over. The basement is atrocious and needs to be cleaned out but I know for a fact that there are boxes down there that I moved in here 6 years ago that I've never opened so lord know what we'll find once we start digging. Jeff was so kind as to build shelves all over the place so we could be organized but that only lasted about 3 months on my side and now you have to step over 3 boxes, an old piece of laminate countertop and 7 buckets of paint to get to the shelves so that plan didn't really work. I promised him that I would start to go through all my stuff and prepare for the Great Basement Cleanout of 2008 but I don't think that's going to happen just yet. I need to ease into that one.

Here's a few photos of how things turned out upstairs:

Dining room/entry


dining room


living room


looking into kitchen


This picture is only here because my dogs thought I was taking THEIR picture. They have big egos.

I know it still looks a bit barren but I have 13 pieces of art going on the walls. Well, they're going up as soon as I can get them finished. I'm working on 4 of them at the same time so I hope to have them hung by this weekend. Jeff is going to begin installing the lighting which will also jazz it up quite a bit more. I'm pretty proud of how it all turned out. We wanted it to look kinda mod and kinda quirky because that's how we are. Well, we think we are anyway.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dining room turned out great! Can't wait to see it in person. I can't believe you're sad it's over. You're weird.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful everything looks. I wish my house looked as put together right now. I miss our cake classes.

Gwen said...

Wow! It looks great! Your description of the basement was also a good description of the dining/entry the last time I saw it. Again, WOW! I, too, have to perform a Great Basement Cleanout 2008. I sort of got started a couple weeks ago but then quit, so now there are several areas of the first floor that are a MESS waiting for the basement to be clean.