Thursday, December 27, 2007

Look, it's Cakey!

Here's a few pics of the Christmas cake. I am trying to get some others that don't have all that crap laying around it but you get the gist.





You may have observed the bottle of Advil and the cocktail nearby. You may want to reference the earlier Christmas wrap-up post. The cake turned out pretty cute overall. It's only my second go with fondant and my first with a square cake, which is way harder to cover than a round. I also experimented with marshmallow fondant and it was okay but I won't use it to cover anything again until I work with it more. It was kind of a pain in the ass to roll out because it got hard quickly and I couldn't roll it as thin as I wanted. That's why the cake is slightly lumpy. Whatever. It's still cute and we ate it so it's gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely darling. Great job! I can't wait till my birthday.

Gwen said...

OMG, Amy! That is adorable! I WANT CAKE now!