Monday, December 17, 2007

Computers Suck Part II

Okay, I kinda got at least this part working. Here's the almost finished product.




I like the additional glass tiles we added. It makes it even more sparkley. I thought about going further up the wall to the right of the sink(in the first pic), but I didn't want to go nutso with it even though I still have 3 full sheets of tile and a few more randon pieces. As per usual, when we went to buy the grout yesterday, they were out of the color we needed. Did I mention that color was WHITE?! How are you out of white grout, Lowes? Not only that but the employee that "helped" us knew NOTHING about the grout we were looking at and even told us that the stuff we were looking at was the wrong kind. Hmmm. Really? That's interesting since it's the same grout we've been using the WHOLE TIME and the box clearly states which grout goes with which epoxy mix, but he still maintained that they were not supposed to go together and his red vest made him an authority. Needless to say, I'm heading to a different Lowes today to see if they have what I need. Based on how this morning has gone, I'm guessing no.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking good! I think it's best you didn't go further up the wall w/those tiles, because it's a big wall and where do you stop? I think it looks nice how it is. You can find/paint a nice picture to put on that wall.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful everything looks. Your HARD work has certainly paid off. Good job you two!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwen said...

Looks lovely! Can't wait to see it in person.