Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ahhh

If you hear a giant whooshing sound, don't be alarmed. It's just the pressure releasing from my noggin because today was my last day of school for the semester. Hooray! I still have to go up on Friday to pick up some stuff but that's it. I have a nice 4 week break but I know that it'll be gone in like 2 seconds and then I'll be all like "DAMN, school is starting ALREADY?!" Today was kinda fun because we had a little luncheon at a restaurant near campus for the PR group I was in. I have to say that I've befriended more people this semester than ever before and I actually feel like a part of the art department. I'm still the old lady of the group, but no one treats me like that until they ask about my MySpace or something and then I'm like "huh?". I wanted to give them a "back in my day....." speech but I'll save that for next semester. They have, however, turned me on to the wonders of You Tube and we watched a video today called "My Hands Are Bananas" and I almost wet myself laughing. Those crazy Germans.

I'm spending my break putting the house back together and finishing up all the little art projects I started but abandoned in favor of homework. I'm also planning on making a few fancy cakes, starting with a Christmas cake in the shape of a gift. It's going to be a bit wonky and crazy and I hope it looks as good in real life as it does in my head.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Huzzah for the last day of school! "School's out for Christmas!"

In response to your email requesting instruction on posting video, go here: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=80767

I recommend the "embedding" technique because you can't edit when you "share" from youtube directly to your blog. I also recommend having the post ready to publish before you embed the video - editing is easier w/o the video in there. Call me if you have any questions. Helping makes me feel important.

Anonymous said...

Well finally an update on your life. I enjoy reading your writings everyday and am looking forward to the gift cake. Are you going to try the marshmallow fondant?