Friday, December 7, 2007

Fishsticks

It's freezing in my house right now because it's COLD out and if I turn the heat up the bedroom, which is directly above the furnace, will suddenly become 85 degrees and I can't sleep if it's too hot in the bedroom. I mean, who sleeps when it's hot in the bedroom, WINK WINK! Oh yeah! Just kidding. Anyway, I have the house cold so I decided that instead of wearing a sweater with my sweatpants and t-shirt, I would use a shawl. I feel very glamorous in it. I feel like if Gwenyth Paltrow were to be in her flat in London and she would get a chill she would go get her shawl and wear it casually and look all cool and chic which I am not but am trying for. I don't know why I said Gwenyth Paltrow. I don't really like her. I don't hate her. I don't really have an opinion either way but she is who popped in my head when I decided to wear the shawl. Anyway, what the hell was I going to talk about?

Today was my last official day of class. I still have a couple of classes next week but it's all critiques so it isn't a normal class period. I'm still not done with all my projects but I'm hoping to finish tonight so I can actually have a weekend. I'm really glad to be out of school for the semester. I have all the same people in most of my classes and many of them grew tiresome. There is a joke at school that the 4th floor (the art department) is where all the crazies are and it's kinda true. There is one guy who began the semester really quietly and he has turned in to the most annoying fellow. He's got a slightly creepy vibe and I swear to god the guy retains NOTHING. He constantly asks questions and I know that's a good thing but he does it excessively and he asks the same questions over and over and over. He will basically hear the instructions but retain nothing and then have to ask about every detail of the assignment that we JUST GOT but he has forgotten already. He also interjects in other conversations and makes idiotic jokes. The other day the happened:

Instructor: "Okay, your assignment's due at 10am, in whatever state you have it in."

guy: "So if we're in Maine, we still have to turn it in?"

Instructor: "What? I don't understand."

guy" You said to turn it in in whatever state it was in so if it's in Maine we still have to turn it in, right? HA HA HA HA"

This is what I sit next to. I mean sat. YEAH!

UPDATE: I have now dunked my shawl in the sink 3 times and the toilet (it was CLEAN) once. And it's not really keeping me warm. I'm putting on a sweater. Dammit Gwenyth, how to you manage?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fashionstatement!!!!!

Gwen said...

Well, you know the old adage about wearing a shawl . . . you might get a little pissy. Even Gwyneth P.