Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Grand Finale

We finally finished fondant class and here's the end result:




I'm REALLY in love with my cake. I usually pick my stuff apart and point out every flaw but I'm just gonna enjoy this one. There is a cake show in February at the Botanical Gardens and my instructor wants me to redo this on a dummy and enter it. It isn't juried or anything but it would be pretty cool to have my cake in a show. Class was spare and the ladies that showed ended up with really nice cakes. Some were better than others but one girl did a blue cake with royal icing snowflakes that was SO cute. I'm gonna spend the next couple of months practicing fondant stuff and then I'm taking gum paste in the spring. MAN, I am so down with this cake stuff. ANNOUNCEMENT: I HAVE LEARNED A SKILL. Go me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Your cake is beautiful and the best in show. I am glad you are entering the BG show and you are on your way girl. I couldn't be more proud of you - well there were many proud moments in the past but for right now you are the BOMB.

Love,
Jan(Mom)

Anonymous said...

Amy, I loved how your cake came out. It looks like a bridal bouquet (spelling???). I hope you do enter the cake show at the garden. Your cake is definately worthy of that.
Terri (Mom's co-worker)

Gwen said...

BEEEYOOTIFUL!! You should so put it in the show.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I will still run by after work to see it in person though. Watch out or there might be a piece missing when I leave. Kidding. I want to live to see 2008.

Gwen said...

You've been tagged: http://everythingilikecausescancer.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-first.html