Friday, December 21, 2007

The advil isn't working

I'm posting from the couch, which is as far as I've made it today. Aye caramba. I had QUITE a bit of fun at the party last night and I'm paying for it in headaches. Goddam chocolate martinis! I don't even like them but apparently that didn't stop me. Thanks, ME. The party was downtown on the 42nd floor, which would have been AWESOME had it not suddenly stopped being winter this big fog rolled in and ruined the view. A few days ago we were shoveling out of a mini-blizzard and now it feels like October. I hate warm Christmas! Anyway, the party was tons of fun and I spent most of the night on the dancefloor but I managed to not act a fool. There WAS a moment that almost landed me on my heiny but I kept it together and I don't think anyone noticed. Jeff's co-workers and all really fun and his work functions are always so much better then the usual awkward office shindig. And it was fun to put on my fancy clothes for a night since there just aren't a lot of occasions where you can wear a sequined shirt these days.

I decided to stay couch bound today for fear I will have a 4-day hangover and miss Christmas. I don't wanna take any chances since we are on the go from here on out. Tonight is dinner with Jeff's siblings, tomorrow is a big gathering with all my friends, Sunday is Christmas with my dad and then it's already Christmas Eve. It goes faster every year I swear. I'm going to try to make two cakes, a "gift" for Christmas day and then another one that I'm making to look like a bowl of spaghetti. Why? I don't know. I just think it'll be funny. I'm even making meatballs. Mamma Mia!! It may go all wrong, okay it probably will, but I'm pressing on anyway. I'll post pictures of the final products.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Spaghetti cake - my favorite!

Have a great holiday, Brady Clan!

Anonymous said...

Ahh martinis. I was just reminiscing with myself the other day about how we used to go to Tangerine so much that the one bartender always saved our stools. And remember those laced cherries??! No one believed us! You better have some cocktails tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

By stools I mean the ones you sit on, of course.