Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm being taken away by the motherboard

Well, I think the computer is dead. Jeff spent a long time last night trying to reinstall windows or something and I guess it didn't work. He said it's the motherboard, which I envision as a spaceship flying inside the computer which is more exciting and name appropriate. I can't imagine that the motherboard not working is a good thing. He said that my school files and all my graphic design stuff is still safe in the hard drive so that's SOMETHING positive for god's sake, although there is no way to access any of it right now so I don't know what's going to happen. I am very thankful this didn't happen a week ago when I was still in school or I would have been screwed. I'm using this really old laptop we inherited. It takes literally like 10 minutes just to turn the dang thing on!

Modern technology- it's good for you!

Today I'm off to grout the kitchen tiles and work on my window treatments. I'm making upholstered cornices out of white pleather and they'll be button-tufted like some groovy 1970's pad. I'm pretty excited. I'll post pics as I go and as the technology gods allow.

No comments: