Monday, December 24, 2007

ho ho ho

Merry Christmas Eve to my fine readers. All 4 of you. Christmas eve is my favorite day of the year so I'm happy it's finally here. My sister and I took Christmas eve about 13 years ago after she got married and I moved in with her and my brother-in-law. Aaaaah, we were so young and carefree back then. We decreed that after spending every holiday since 1980 bouncing around from parent's house to parent's house, we decided SCREW THAT, we're making this OUR holiday where we don't have to go anywhere or do anything for anyone but us. We just make a crap-ton of food and drink and sometimes we have a friend or two join us but it's usually just the four of us and it rocks. Hard. Tonight's menu is all finger foods and dips, which is my FAVORITE menu because I like to graze. We'll stuff ourselves, drink too much, play a game or something and then we all open our presents to each other. Our parents are jealous because they can't come because it's THAT awesome but rules are rules. I am hopeful that this is our last holiday sans child so we're going to make the most of it. yowza!

Anyway, have a merry Christmas, or whatever it is you celebrate, from Kimchi central.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel special that I've had the full Xmas Eve Experience. It does rock. Have fun kids.

Gwen said...

I'm jealous! Happy Happy to you, too!