LM reminded me that I neglected to recap Lost from last week. Friday was a mess with the dog and the weather and the portfolio thingy and I just forgot. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the details but here's the gist..........
1. Okay, so Kate gets off the island. We knew that. She's obviously one of the Oceanic 6 but she seems to be having trouble keeping the little secret they all seem to share. On the island, she's chosen to stay at the barracks with loony-bin Locke and the rest of them, including Sawyer. I guess I could see the appeal of just chucking your crappy life for a new one you get to make up. Anyway, Kate being Kate, she has a plan. She wants to know what Miles knows about her so she knows what the rest of the world knows about her past. I believe this is to decide whether to make up her new life with Sawyer or to go back and face the music. Miles says he'll tell her everything if she gives him 2 minutes with Ben. Kate hatches a plan with Sawyer to do this since Locke has gone all Stalin-like and won't "allow" her to see either of them. Lockey gone loco.
2. In the future, Kate is off the island and facing murder charges. Her mom is the star witness. The lawyers keep wanting her to use her kid (what?!) as a character witness but she'll have none of it. Who comes instead? Cleaned up Jack! Yay! He takes the stand and tells this story of how there were only 6 or 8 people that survived the crash and that the others drowned or whatever. This is quite a story. I'm not going to delve too much into it because what we already know is ALL we know at this point and we still don't even know how they got off the island yet. The state attorney asks Jack if he loves Kate and he says no, not anymore. ZING! She looks pretty hurt.
3. On the island, she acts on her plan, busts out Miles and brings him to Ben. I assumed that Miles would want to kill him or something but instead, he tries to cut a deal for some huge cash payoff by telling Ben he'll tell everyone back home he's dead. I think. Like I said, my memory is fuzzy and I don't have time to re-watch. Ben protested and Miles was all "I know who you are and I know the power you have so gimme my money." This is perplexing because it confirms that Ben is someone VERY IMPORTANT but if so, why had no one on the plane heard of him? That is bothering me. Anyway, Locke finds them gets pissed at Kate and banishes her back to the beach. wah-wah. Sawyer says it's rubbish and wants her to stay but she gets mad at him for being happy she isn't pregnant and he tells her that Hey, you didn't want a kid either! Kate bolts for the beach and we can assume that she is done with him now.
4. Back on land, Kate's mother visits her and tells her she doesn't want to testify against her so Kate says fine, don't. Her mom says she wants to see Kate's son before she dies and Kate says NO WAY LADY. The mom still doesn't testify, the state cuts a deal and she sees no jail time. Hooray! As she's leaving the courthouse she runs into Jack and he tells her he still loves her and wants to go for coffee or something. She said she would go as long as he would come to see the child. Jack gets freaked out and says he can't do it so she said sayonara until you do. I figured it was either his or Sawyer's kid and he was running from responsibility or that the child was somehow deformed or something from the island powers.
5. The last scene is Kate going back to her very nice house and she goes upstairs to see the boy. He's sleeping and she goes in to give him a hug and we see he isn't deformed and looks a lot like Sawyer until...............................................................she calls him Aaron. end scene.
HOLY CRAP PANTS! I knew that Aaron was special since he was born on the island but now I'm MORE intrigued as to how this situation will make itself happen. Why does she have Aaron? Is Claire dead at this point or still on the island, and if so, why did she send Aaron to go be Kate's son? Why won't Jack see him? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?