Friday, November 30, 2007

wrap it up

I want to apologize to my regular readers, all three of you, for my posting gap. Next week is the last week of school and I have been frantically getting all my crap done.

Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary! I was thinking about our kick-ass wedding all day and then I wanted to eat doughnuts. Jeff arranged for us to have a super fancy dinner at the Ritz Carlton, which was superb. It was all swanky and full of rich old people and we had like 4 waiters or something. It was delicioso! I had a bowl of french onion soup that was the best soup I have ever eaten. Ever. I had beef tenderloin with truffle potatoes and crispy onions with Bearnaise sauce. Obviously, it wasn't a light meal. I only ate about half and one of our waiters asked if I wanted it boxed (of course) and then proceeded to pile all the other plates and silverware on said plate. Right on top of my food that was supposed to be put in a fancy little to go box. She walked into the back and came back with a bag and handed it to me. I looked inside and there was a plastic container with my piece of meat in it. That was it. No potatoes or onions, just the hunk of meat. DAMN YOU LADY! Then they brought us some kind of molton lava cake for our anniversary that was a work of art. The chocolate thing had little Santa's printed on it and they wrote "Happy Anniversary"on the plate with chocolate syrup. I'm easily impressed, I know.

Prior to that, I was at school for this sew-a-thon that the PR class I'm in put on for a non-profit organization. I wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to go and since it fell on my anniversary, I didn't have to stay the whole time and I was actually kinda proud that it turned out as well as it did. We have some MAJOR tension within our group and I was skeptical the claws would go in long enough to get it done but it all came together in the end and everyone managed to get along. Ahhh....


I'm off to do homework (on Friday afternoon. NERD ALERT) and then I'm putting up my new Christmas tree. I'm sorry, holiday tree. It's white and Jeff refuses to call it a Christmas tree because it isn't green so he has deemed it the holiday tree. Whatever. It's going up today.

Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Happy Anniversary, my pretties!! It was a lovely affair and the doughnuts were my favorite part!

Anonymous said...

I have very fond memories of sitting in the hotel lobby The Morning After eating the left over donuts. It's a fond memory even though I was dying of the flu that somehow hit me like a ton of bricks at approximately midnight the night before.