Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Don't roll your eyes

Well, Thanksgiving is upon us yet again, so I want to take this opportunity to thank the people in my life that have helped make me a happier person. The last year brought me extreme heartache with the loss of my granny, who was the constant positive force in my life since my birth, it brought challenges with school and our house project and it brought a lot of happiness with our decision to adopt. I know this is totally CHEESY and not in a good way like how pizza can be overly cheesy, but in a Lifetime movie kind of way but who cares it's my blog so DEAL. Here's my list of what I'm thankful for:

-my husband, first and foremost, for always being there for me even when I'm difficult (I know, it's hard to believe, but I can be) and for being my #1 fan. This is our 5th year of marriage and I still consider myself the luckiest girl in the world for having him in my life. Having Jeff for my husband proves to me that true love DOES exist and I'm grateful everyday that I found it. I love you, baby.

-my family, who at times are challenging themselves, but who are also there for me in the good and the bad. As we've gone through all our trials and tribulations in trying to have a child, the main thing I have learned is how important it is to have a family who loves you for who you are. We aren't perfect but I have no doubt that if I fall, they'll be there to catch me.

-my best girlfriends, who have shown me how you don't have to be related to feel like family. You guys are like my sisters and I thank you for always being my support crew. Life sucks a lot and we've all had obstacles to overcome but it's easier to handle when you have friends like you.

- my teachers and friends from school, who have welcomed me, challenged me and shown me that I can do way more than I think I can. It took me a long time to finally go to college and it has been terrifying at times but they've made it an easier pill to swallow. I finally feel like I can call myself an artist without looking like an ass and they've been instrumental in that.

ENOUGH! That's my list. I won't be posting tomorrow because I'll be too busy stuffing mah belly with food so I wish you all a super awesome Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, ms. amy brady,
i am very, very thankful for you.

Gwen said...

Happy Turkey day to you and Jeff, cheeseball!