Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ch-ch-check it out

Whoa, this is a late post. I had to battle the grocery store after class and it took for-evah, even though I only bought 6 things, because I had a slooow checker. He had very little interest in ringing up my grocery items in a timely fashion. I swear, no matter what store I'm in, I will ALWAYS get in the worst line. I'm serious, it's all the time. I'm trying reverse psychology on myself now and trying to pick lines that look really slow and crowded but it doesn't seem to really work that well. AND the "express" lane now allows 20 items so that's no better. What the hell? 20 items is not express, that's half a cart full and it requires a regular line, people. Then when I was leaving I got behind a woman who had about 15 helium balloons in a big bag and she could barely get them through the doors so I had to wait for her to get them under control. sheesh. I though she was going to be trapped between the automatic doors forever.

Fondant class #1 went pretty well last night. Fondant is pretty much edible clay so it was fun to squish around and play with. This class is more hardcore than the other classes because we have professionals in there with us. There's a whole table of ladies who own/work in a cake supply shop and another woman who owns a cookie company. We still had a few ladies from the last class and unfortunately one of them was the irritating one. Well, one of the irritating ones. She came in about 20 minutes late and instead of quietly taking a seat, she burst in yapping about how she's late and blah, blah, blah and then she proceeded to say hello to anyone she recognized LOUDLY. All of this would have been fine except that our instructor was IN THE MIDDLE of lecturing and she just totally interrupted her. She is grating. She pulled the same crap she did last time and had to interject her stupid comments every 5 minutes. Maybe I'm just crabby but what the hell is with these people? They are so rude and they think they're all funny and sarcastic but they just look like idiots. They also complained abut how much work was involved in decorating a cake. Um, yeah there is, dumbass. You probably should have figured that out by this point. I think they just want an excuse to get out of the house and away from their kids because that's all they talk about. whatever. Fondant is FUN and I'm excited to learn anyway. You can't break me, lady!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe now that there are professionals in the class that do it for a living, the irritating lady(ies) will zip it, realizing that they don't know more than everyone else.

I like the Beastie Boys reference.