Monday, November 12, 2007

It leans a little

It's go time for my cake. I went with a 6" round 4-layer cake, yellow with chocolate icing. I baked 8" rounds but wanted to test out my carving skills so I carved it down to a 6". It came out okay but I went in freehand so it's kinda off. Whatever. I also went to town on some new flowers. I'm pretty much sick of this cake now and just want to finish it. I start fondant class next week and I'm pretty convinced that therein lies my future. I already have my fabulous new career in cake decorating all worked out in my head and I am totally disregarding the fact that I have no experience and moderately limited skills but I just have this itch in my head that this could be "it". I've been searching for "it" for a long time now and so far all my ventures have failed but I keep plugging along like an idiot still hoping that something works out. We'll see. I'm sure the other ladies will have very elaborately decorated cakes since they are so highly skilled and then I'll come home all dejected and threaten to quit but then I'll see an awesome cake somewhere and then I get all jazzed again and the cycle continues.

I'll post pics of my cake tomorrow. Good, bad or ugly.

No comments: