Thursday, November 15, 2007

iRule

One of the benefits of being in art school is that when you have downtime, there's lots of crap laying around to play with. Today, my friend and I found ourselves in class with nothing to do so we made ourselves iPhones out of foamcore. She had already made herself a foam iTouch, but I told her she deserved more, thus the iPhone was built. Nice, eh?


I need to practice looking all smug and hip now. I should also buy a Prius.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting myself a Mac laptop, since it's what I'll eventually be working on in a job and it's what I work on every day at school. Our PC is fine for internet crapola and such but my design programs work so much better on a Mac. Unfortunately, they're pretty expensive so I'm not exactly running out today to buy one. Foamcore however, is not, especially when you find it on the floor. Thus, my new Macbook Pro:


Nothing like the internet, a printer, old foamcore and a glue stick. Viola. It's pretty sweet and the first picture totally looks like it's on.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

That's so cool! Do you have any scraps? I've been wanting a Nano.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

I would like an Ipod. I seem to be the only person in the world who does not have one. But of course you would have to download it for me since my tech skills are challenged.

Maybe I should stick to baking and cooking eh?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how real those look. You are downright silly. Why don't you try making a cake that looks like those?

To Jan: I also do not have an Ipod, nor do I want one. Don't let society make you feel forced you to conform. I feel that is the story of my life. Starting with the fact that I'm left-handed. GASP!

Bruce Johnson said...

Can you make me a foam core Alfa-Romeo to park in my garage....and impress the neighbors?

Anonymous said...

Thanks lm - now I don't feel so bad.