Monday, November 26, 2007

ouch

Yeesh. Today is super crappy out, raining and cold but not cold enough to snow, just cold enough to make the rain really miserable and I had a rough morning at school, and blah, blah, blah. I had a project due today that I spent the better part of Sunday working on, got it mounted and ready to go, only to get to school and find out that my instructor has food poisoning and is out. Great. THEN, my illustration teacher, who had been "helping" with said project came in and he wanted to see them. I was THE ONLY person who actually had the project done and ready to go but when he came over to see it, he told me that it was "unpleasant to look at". Now, I'm certainly not the world's greatest artist and it was supposed to be a photo comp for an advertisement so it wasn't supposed to be photo-realistic but it wasn't THAT bad for chrissakes. JEEZ. He acted as though the sight of it would send you into a seizure or make you go hysterically blind or something. I was already having a bad morning because I was either wide-awake or having extreme nightmares involving Madonna (???) so I got no sleep. AND I was cooking dinner last night and had VERY HOT oil splash out of the pan on me, which by this morning looks like I have sprouted a second head on my arm. The oil was so hot it ate through my kitchen rug. I was so mad at the chicken that I didn't even eat it. I had a bowl of cheerios instead because they're safer.

I really just want to crawl back into bed but I have cake class tonight so I must persevere.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Dude! Crappy Monday! I'd say I hoped today was better but it seems you're still not sleeping. Dr. Murray recommends a nice, tall glass of wine before bed.