Friday, May 2, 2008

I need a big wallet for all my experience

Well, I accepted the internship. Partly because I do actually like the guy running the joint despite my differences with the other people, and partly because I'm scared I won't get one anywhere else. It's for a whopping zero dollars per hour, so if you see my driving my new Bentley soon, know I bought it with "experience." I keed, I keed....experience is priceless, right? Anyway, I don't know if it's the right thing to do but it's what I'm doing and I'm still going to pursue some other options (ahem, PAYING option), including my cake decorating (sorry, hon) so I guess we'll just have to see where this takes me. We met with Evann for our last group portfolio meeting and she said she would be giving some of us the names of people on the school's advisory board to talk to and get some portfolio feedback. One of them is my old creative.comm client, so I'm for sure calling her and I think she might have one other person for me to talk to.

On a positive note, this was my last regular week of school. Next week is finals and my a week from today, I'll be totally done with school. That is a very weird thing to think about because I've been going on and off (mostly on) for the last 5 years and it's been like a nice big safety net and now I have to go out and be a big girl all on my own. yeesh. Today is my last gym class so farewell to the creepy old guy with the knee brace who sits on the ab machine and watches the girls work out. How I will miss the creepy way you say "hey sweetie" when we walk by you and I'm sure you'll miss the daggers that shoot from my eyes in response.

Okay this is boring even me so enjoy your Friday.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Wow! Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!