Thursday, May 15, 2008

rosebud

So I watched "Citizen Kane" this morning. The dog was up infuriatingly early and by the time I let her out and dispensed her meds, I was pretty much awake so I made some coffee and went back to "lounge." I don't "lounge" much because I tend to feel guilty for doing nothing. Anyway, I went in to "lounge" and I couldn't find anything to watch. For some reason, the programming at 7am is pretty dismal and my choices were The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, several crappy decorating shows, a Hip Hop Abs infomercial and various news programming. The news is just too depressing these days so I was just about to click on The Fresh Prince (HELL YEAH I WAS) and I saw that The French Connection was just starting. This was one of those movies that I probably should have seen but I haven't and didn't really care to, but I thought I'd give it a go. I lasted about 10 minutes. I went back to search for The Fresh Prince and I saw Citizen Kane had also started. I saw it in high school and I didn't really get the hype so I decided to expand my brain and watch some of it. I ended up watching the whole freaking thing. Not because I think it's the greatest movie ever made but because between the freaky camera work, the amazing clothes and the 1940's dialogue, I just could not pull away. Seriously, why the hell did people in the 40's talk like that? It's not even an accent from anywhere. It's all up and down and really fast and I think it's awesome. The movie itself just doesn't do it for me and I think I remember it being reeeeeeally long and it didn't seem that long today. Maybe it's like when you're a kid and stuff looks really big and then you're grown and it's all normal sized.

Anyway, that's what I did. Then I watched Growing Pains. I need a life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of watching all that bad television, you should be making yourself a fancy graduation cake.

Allie said...

I have a guilt complex about relaxing too.

Someone insisted that I HAD to watch The French Connection -- I wish I'd turned it off after 10 minutes.

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

Um LM, The Golden Girls is tv GOLD.

Seriously, that's some funny shit.