Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Yes, we have no bananas.

Hello. You know, I never know how to start my blog posts. Well, some of them are easier then others but when it's just some random stuff I'm yappin about, I never know how to greet you people. In writing this, I have also realized that I do this with email as well. I think 93% of the emails I send begin with "hey." That's ridiculous and boring. How about "ahoy matey?" I guess if I'm in the bathtub that would work but otherwise, not so much. Well, I don't know what to tell you. I'm probably going to continue with these openers so be prepared.

On another note, one that actually matters, we are experiencing some kind of produce vortex in our kitchen. I swear that my house has been acting funny. The bathroom light will suddenly flash really bright for like a second and I've also heard some unexplained thuds here and there. Jeff and I both heard it the other night and he blamed it on the dishwasher but the dishwasher doesn't make a thud so something freaky is going on. I hope it isn't a ghost. Even if they're friendly, I can't handle the pressure of having company all the time.


Where was I? Oh yeah, the produce vortex. I bought a bunch of bananas last week and at some point there were only two left on the little stalk thing. Well, they've been sitting on the counter and we apparently are not in the mood for bananas this week so they've been left to their own devices. They came home the same greenish-yellow color and now they look like this:


Um, what the hell? How have the ripened at such dramatically different rates? This is some Ripley's kind of shit. If my TV starts talking when it's off, I'm outta here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, you are correct in that 90% of your emails begin with "hey". But that's ok, because I know by "hey" that nothing too horrific or upsetting is going on. When that is the case, I usually see all caps and something like "I NEED TO VENT". Second, if you do have a ghost, it's only Meemaw. However, I don't think it's a ghost because Meemaw wouldn't want to scare you. I can't explain the bananas, but I wouldn't eat those freaky things.

Gwen said...

Freaky. Maybe your ghost was a produce manager in his most recent life and is just effing with you because he knows how and also that it will work on the two of you.

Anonymous said...

Those bananas don't understand biology logic...

.....And considering you guys already had that one possessed TV that wouldn't turn off (Even when unplugged), I wouldn't be suprised if the white bread in your toaster came out pumpernickle.

*cue Twilight Zone music*