Monday, April 7, 2008

I'll miss you my sweet laptop

Welcome back, me. I know that I routinely apologize for my crappy posting record but, as we've been over, I've been preoccupied. I have 5 weeks of school left and then I'm done. Bam, done. This brings me vast amounts of joy as I'm growing increasingly annoyed with the arsewipes I go to school with. Not all of them, but a few are GRATING on my nerves, including some instructors. They're always adding extra crap on and then complaining when you aren't finished in like 7 seconds. I am also super pissed that the person I was supposed to be mentoring hasn't been to class in at least 3 weeks so I've had to do ALL HER WORK. All of it. I took the class for the $7/hr mentoring wage and the use of my beloved Macbook Pro, not for this. I don't ever like to throw anyone under the bus but I finally got pissed enough last week when Evann was all over me to GET IT DONE and I had about 47 other things I had to do that I decided to bring this little situation to her attention. She is not happy that this person basically came in, got her laptop and split. She half-assed "designed" a logo that probably took about 5 minutes, a cocktail napkin and a chewed off pencil. The worst part is that I liked her but now I can't get past the fact that she totally screwed me so I won't miss her.

Since I just don't have enough to do, I've also decided to enter some pieces in the Student Art Show. I hate entering things because I never win and then I spend a week kicking myself around for being a loser but I still do it because I am a sucker. Well, that and the fact that they are awarding cash prizes this year. I'm entering 2 posters, a calendar and some wine labels. I'll post pictures of them when I'm finished.

I have to go draw now.

OH YEAH. I'm a bad wife and I neglected to post a happy birthday message to my sweet hubs last Thursday. We've both been ultra harried and I suck. However, he probably hasn't read this blog in a week or two so he probably didn't even notice in the first place. Happy Berfday anyway honey! I love you!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Cash prizes! Awesome!

Happy belated berfday, Jeffie! I miss you both - let's get together soon.