Friday, October 26, 2007

WOO-HOO!!

I got a call yesterday around 5:45 from Judy at Holt who said our application had been approved and we are OFFICIALLY GOING TO BE PARENTS!!! She said she received our file from the main HQ and we are a perfect match for the Korean program. She also said that the Korean paperwork is moving very swiftly through the government, so we might not have as long a wait as we thought. We will have our first homestudy visit in about 3-6 weeks and in the meantime, we have to scale a small mountain of paperwork. I was so excited that when Jeff got home I ran out to the car and was jumping up and down in the street. I'm sure the neighbors thought we won the lotto or that I had finally gone bananas. Jeff had no doubt we would be approved but I'm a worrier so I wasn't going to be satisfied until we got the official go ahead. This is kinda like our "we're pregnant" moment!!

This means we have 3-6 weeks to get this house put back together. Holy crap, people. It's on!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Squeeeeee! Amy, such great news!! Congratulations!

If you need help with the house, given that your deadline is much shorter than you thought, please call. I'd be honored to help.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you both!
Congrats! You will be great parents!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Anonymous = Brian & Michael. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I want to be a part of this with you guys, Im so excited for you guys Im filled with tears. I love you both. Jeff, my favorite Bro. you and Amy will be the perfect parents there is no doubt in my mind.