Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Check's in the Mail

We officially sent off our application packet to the adoption agency today! It was one of those things that seemed like it would take a few days to put together but time flew out the window and it took us a month. Thanks to those of you who have agreed to say some kind words about us. Now we have the agonizing wait to get our official approval so we can start our homestudy, which I'm sure will be even more agonizing. We should know something within 14 days but I hope it's sooner.

In today's other news.....

  • I have a meeting with my dept. chair next week to discuss my graduation and what I need to do to make sure next semester is my last. This semester has pretty much sucked since I piled on as many classes as I could (18 hrs of ALL studio classes) and it looks like next semester is shaping up to be just as bad but I have to suck it up and get it done. I have come away with a bunch of stuff for my portfolio, which is currently in the shape of a pile. I need to work on that right quick.

  • It looks like Jeff and I will be joining my sister and bro-in-law on their Hawaiian vacation next May. Aloha indeed.

  • My illustration teacher told me about a man looking for a student to submit illustrations for a children's book, which is super cool because I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do that but I'm too freaking scared to call him. Coward. I guess I'm afraid of rejection but I'll never know unless I jump, right?

  • Monday is the start of 8 more weeks of cake decorating classes so I will hopefully have some kick-ass cakes to post. Here's my first cake ever from the last class:

Awww.....probably not so much kick-ass as it is cute, but not bad for the first one. I will be learning about fondant this time around so I hope to get more elaborate in the future.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Mahalo! How very exciting about the application. Congrats! After talking to you guys about it on Monday I was infected by your zeal. I can't wait to meet Lil' Kimchi.

Have you made that call yet? Make the call. Because really, Amy? You are good enough, you are smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like you. (Silly but also true.)

And finally, the cakes? What DON'T you two know how to do? Color me impressed.

My birthday is June 3. I'm just sayin'.