Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Loverlies

I wanted to post some pics of the kitchen to show off our hard work this weekend. I say "our" in the royal sense because Jeff did most of the heavy lifting(thanks, honey). As you can see from the (crappy) photo, the counters are done, the sink is installed and working as is the dishwasher. I can't tell you how exciting it is for us to not have to do dishes in the bathroom anymore. Seriously. Bathtub dishes suck.
Clearly, the place is still a disaster area, but we are finally in a position to get stuff put back together. I am going to get the backsplash installed this weekend (hopefully) and then we only have the bar area left to tile. It has been a very long 10 months, but seeing it all come together makes it worth all the headache. The sink turned out so freaking gorgeous that I just like to stand and stare at it. Here, you can too:


Oh so pretty.

Here's a close-up of the countertop:


We did give ourselves a small reprieve this weekend and went to a spectacular party at Mike & Brian's beautiful new house. Seriously, their place is REALLY nice. As usual the food was outstanding as was the company. Of course, I mention the food first because I spent a good 30 minutes hovering over the table eating my own weight in cheese dip. You know, I could eat appetizers at every meal. I already have an abnormal obsession with things in miniature so an appetizer spread calls to me like a sweet siren. I wish they made tiny hot dog buns for little smokies. That would be so awesome. Anyway. We had a great time and it was so nice to see all my girls! Jeff and I are truly a couple of lucky ducks to have the group of friends we have. T-Rav, you crack me up!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Wow! Looks great - you guys got a lot done.

They do make buns for little smokies - they're called crescent rolls. My cousin once experimented and put a little piece of cheese inside her pigs in a blanket. We now refer to her as the Evil Wienie Genius. You should make some in your new kitchen!

Bruce Johnson said...

That sink is friggin awesome! Having done kitchen remodeling, I say that from experience. But tinny buns for little smokies..??? Yeah, on second thought that is a good idea.