Friday, October 19, 2007

overload

Well, it's finally Friday. I don't have much to post about but I have blog guilt if I don't put something up. This week has sucked due to the fact that I have spent almost every free second I've had sitting at this very computer working on homework. I'm simultaneously working on a 4-panel brochure on the architecture in Forest Park, a 3-panel brochure on the wildflowers of Missouri (it's as exciting as it sounds), an illustration involving a chef mailing a live chicken in a bottle from an iceberg during a tornado (just go with it), an exercise on the Gestalt theory and a holiday shopping bag for the Galleria that not only do I have to design, but I actually have to make it into a real shopping bag. whew. I love when people tell me they'd rather be in school than working. Really? Really. I beg to differ.

On that note, I am going to spend time this afternoon working on my own art so that I can decompress and gear up for this to start again next week.

Oh, to follow up from my last post, I did call the illustration man but got a voicemail and left a message. Due to the fact that all of the self-confidence I had a the start of the week has been sucked out of me, I don't expect anything from it.

I also want to send my condolences to my good friend Geryl who had to have her beloved dog put to sleep last night. He was 13 and had a great life because of his awesome mom and dad. I'm thinking of you both.

Oh, one last thing, I want to say happy birthday to sweet little Maya. I am absolutely dreadful with birthdays but I know it's coming soon so Happy Birthday Maya!

1 comment:

Bruce Johnson said...

Missouri Wildflower? Really.....sound fascinating...sort of.