Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am going to have a nervous breakdown in 5, 4, 3.....

So here's a good one for you. I made my daily call to check on Little Kimchi's visa appointment today and I got some interesting information. And by interesting information I mean information that makes me want to hurl something large out my window just to break something. And by something, I mean me. Anyway, a nice lady answered the phone and I asked my usual "yes, I'm calling to check on the status of a visa interview for case #blahblahblah" and she said "certainly!" and I was humming and then she said "um, we're still waiting on your Packet 3 to get here before we can schedule the interview" and I said, "the man told me two weeks ago that the P3 date was Nov 4" and then she said "that was the date we sent it back to the agency, not the date we received it back from them, which hasn't happened yet and is what we have to get before the interview can be scheduled." Wha? I sat in stunned silence for a second and then I was like "well, um, what happens after you get it back from them?" and she said "it goes into a queue and the interviews are scheduled in the order they are received" and that was that. I thanked her for the info and hung up but since my stupid cellphone is so small, I couldn't even slam anything down. I had to settle for a moderate "snap." I can't believe this shit. Seriously. I've been waiting on something that hasn't even made it there yet based on info that was obviously wrong. This essentially means that we stand a really good chance of not having him home for Christmas. I am so pissed off right now and I just want to cry but I'm at goddamn work and can't exactly sit at my desk and blubber about this. Bloody effing hell.

UPDATE*** -- Okay, this is just effed up. I swear to god, the next person that says that they want to adopt because it would be easier than having a baby can go straight to hell because this is WAY harder. I may not have swollen ankles or have to push anything out of my ladybits, but at least a pregnant woman has her kid RIGHT THERE. Mine is 6000 miles away living with a foster mother and every day he is there makes it that much harder for us to bond when he does finally get here. Here's the latest after another call to the NVC and a desperate post on our agency message board. The date the fellow gave me IS the P3 date. However, they are apparently waiting on the agency in Seoul, not the agency here as we had been told, to send them the P3 back so they can put us in the hopper for the visa interview. I have no clue as to when this is going to happen since most other people seem to have this process go A LOT smoother and if we were on track with them, we would be getting our travel call, oh I don't know, like freaking tomorrow. Instead, we are totally in the dark and get to sit and wait some more. Super. This could take days, weeks or months, they can't really say either way. So there you have it.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry, Amy. I recommend you throw a chair through someone else's window. I would.

I'm crossing my fingers that you get a call later today that goes like this, "Hey, you know what I told you earlier? I'm so sorry. I'm retarded - your P3 came back from Seoul yeaterday, I just hadn't opened my mail yet. It's right here and since my mess-up made you mess your pants, I've scheduled your visa interview for tomorrow. Is first thing in the morning good for you? I'll bring the doughnuts."

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

Yeah, that would be nice, Gwen. I wish it were so.

Anonymous said...

Well I guess the only upside is that lady you originally talked to was wrong, so it is further along than it would've been if she were correct. That's not as good as getting your travel call tomorrow, but it's that much closer. Hang in there.