Monday, March 24, 2008

Where are my Cadbury eggs?

DANG! It's been a looooooong time since I last posted. Last week basically sucked and I was doing homework from the minute I got home until I went to bed so there wasn't any time to squeeze in a blog post. Sorry to all 6 of you who read this crap. In other news......


I trust you all had a nice weekend. Jeff was off on Friday so we had a little extra vacay time, which was lovely. Unfortunately we both had work to do, which loomed over us the whole weekend, so we spent our Easter with our noses pressed to the computer screen. Good times. Easter is a weird holiday for me. I'm not really a religious person and we don't go to church, so unless someone else cooks a ham and invites us over, to us it's just Sunday. I'm sure the family LOVES hearing that but it's the truth. We did, however, remark that next year we'll have the kid around to buy chocolates and sweets for and I'm gonna make a big easter basket with the fake grass and everything. Now, Easter is the holiday that sort of ushers in Spring, right? Well then why the hell was it SNOWING all day? First part of the week we get the floods and then we get gigantic wet snowflakes all day on Sunday. Um yeah, what's the deal EARTH? I almost painted my toenails yesterday with the hope I would be able to wear cute shoes soon but then I looked outside and said screw it.

On a sad note, Birdy had another episode yesterday. I don't know what to call them. The vet calls them "sinking episodes" but that is weird and "heart attack" sounds so violent so I'm going to call them "episodes" because that isn't as negative. It was so bizarre. We were laying in bed yesterday morning and she and Zoey were between us snoring away like normal. All of a sudden she started making this snorting sound and she was kind of rolling back and forth. I thought she was having a dream so I tried to wake her and she wasn't responding. I picked her up and she started peeing everywhere and then she went limp. Totally limp. I jumped up and remembered that the vet said to hold her head down so the blood would rush to her brain so I did . She drew up her paws and went sort of stiff so I did it again and laid her down on the floor. She was still and then looked up at Jeff like "What? What are you looking at?" and then she was fine. She's been fine ever since but I'm afraid that if she continues to have them, she's eventually not going to wake up because of the stress on her little heart. My poor little poopy. I don't want her to die but Jeff reminded me that when she does, she'll be with my granny and then she'll take care of her and feed her chicken all day. That makes me happy but I'm still gonna miss the hell out of her.

Okay, I'm getting weepy. I need to collect myself and go do some homework.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry about Bird. I'm surprised you're not the one peeing each episode.

Anonymous said...

As sad as that makes me to think about Bird having an "episode", I have to say I smiled when I thought of Meemaw feeding her chicken! And also, the weather was quite freaky indeed on Sunday. Again, I have to throw in my End of the World theory based on the freaky weather since 2008 started. We can now add serious floods and off/on snow for 8 hours on easter to the list.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, I also feel sad but know that grammy would be feeding her chicken and don't forget about Pa. I miss Easter with you and Laura dressing up. Maybe I miss those days of me dressing you up. Ya that's it. I know I am weird but I can't help it.