Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It might as well be Monday morning

Well, I finally got my act together and www.theatomiccakeco.blogspot.com is officially up and running. Sadly for you, it's the same stuff that I had on here only condensed into one place so don't get too excited. I have a shower cake this weekend and I have two cakes next weekend, so there'll be plenty of new content to keep you people off my back.

You know, it seems like just yesterday it was Friday afternoon and I was in the car driving home rejoicing over our three day weekend and yet here it is, Tuesday morning and I'm back at work like nothing ever happened. It seems like our weekends go by so dang fast that I don't even have time to complain about being bored let alone actually BE bored. This weekend was chock full of family barbecues, which are as exciting as they sound, and painting. We finally started Kimchi's bedroom yesterday and my friend Sara was SO KIND as to come and help me paint. I decided to return the aubergine ceiling back to it's original white and we have about half of the wall paint on. I should be able to finish it in the next couple of weeks. Sara made some great suggestions and she knows my style pretty well so I'm really excited to see how it all comes together. Sometime the pretty pictures in my head don't exactly translate quite the same in application but whatever. I'm not so much into all that baby crap so he's getting a stylish and modern bedroom with some fun stuff thrown in for good measure. I have to laugh at the reaction I get when I tell people the baby's room is black, white and gray. Yikes. You would think I was decorating the room with dead bodies or something.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Aren't those the colors babies can see, anyway? I think they are good choices and I know you, it will be fabulous. I'm available as manual labor anytime.

Allie said...

I love the idea of a black, white and grey baby room! I'm not big on typical baby colors either.