Monday, September 8, 2008

weekend wrap-up

Oh hello. Well, it's Monday again. Nothing too exciting about that. We had a pretty good weekend. Friday night was cake night, which was actually nice because I love Friday, especially when I have nothing to do but be at home with a nice beverage and perhaps a pizza. Friday is so nice because it's full of potential. I don't have to worry about work and I have two full days to procrastinate stuff. That's good stuff. Jeff and I ran errands after delivering our cake on Saturday and ended up eating lunch at a new Mexican place called Amigos in Kirkwood (if you don't live here, don't worry about where Kirkwood is or if you absolutely must know, ask google.)Anyways, I was inspired by my friend Andrew, who has a great food blog at www.andrewmarkveety.com, to start offering up restaurant reviews when we go someplace new. I feel like it's my own public service to you people so you're welcome. Following this post, I'll be reviewing both Amigos and Kitaro Bistro of Japan, which is where we went for dinner. Dinner was research because the company I work for did the seating and I went on a picture taking mission for our new brochure. Part of my mission, apparently was also to eat miso crusted monk fish, which I also accomplished. Well done, me.

On Sunday, we went to the Schlafly Art Fair to see my friend Janice Wallace and her awesome art (www.janicekwallace.blogspot.com) along with a bunch of other cool stuff. I dropped Jeff at work (what a dedicated employee he is, going to work on Sunday) and headed to the mall. I've been a bit clothes crazy recently. Fall clothes are the best and I'm coveting so many things it's making my brain dizzy. I bought a pair of super high brown croc platform slides that would be total stripper shoes in a different material. I am so tall in them and it's awesome. I have BAD feet and I have a hard time wearing anything cute or high heeled and since I'm only 5 feet tall, I live my life in permanent stumpiness but now I can tower over people. Well, I can tower over small children, but I take what I get.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Amy - thanks for the shoutz-n-shitz. I'm still jazzed about the Texas cake - like the state, it could not be messed with.

Hope all is well

amv