Friday, July 18, 2008

Dream weaver

I had a dream last night that I was in college and my roommate was Will Smith. I spent most of the time trying to find a Coke machine, which seemed to be everywhere, but every time I put my money in, all these tokens from Worlds of Fun would come out. Then Mona from "Who's the Boss" was there and she was trying to get the school to extend it's hours to year round.

Then I woke up.

Then I fell back asleep and had a dream I was in a park and I was trying to get to my car. I had to run through these trees with all these low-hanging dead branches that kept scratching me and getting caught in my hair. When I got to my car, the driver's window was open and I was on the other side and two guys came up and took my purse and some other bag out of the front seat. I tried to get it back from them but they just laughed at me. I told one of the guys I was going to stab him in the nuts and he just rolled his eyes and threw it back at me.

Then I woke up again. Alarm. Hit snooze.

Fell back asleep again and this time I was in my childhood bedroom. I was terrified for some reason but no one was in the room with me but all of a sudden a pillow would appear like someone was trying to smother me. I would dodge it but no one was there holding it. Then I looked out the doorway and a big ugly cabinet thing went flying down the hallway and I was like "OH MY GOD, there's a ghost in here!"

Then I woke up.

I have the most messed up dreams and the worst part is that I REMEMBER THEM like I'm watching a movie. My brain is so weird. I can't remember math or birthdays but I remember hanging with the Fresh Prince trying to buy a Coke with amusement park tokens. Whatever.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

You must be tired today from all that dream stress.

Anonymous said...

That's odd because I've had 3 dreams in the past few months that I was back in college (at my current age), and they were all awkward and uncomfortable. Will Smith wasn't in them, but I will say that there was a guy who worked in the cafeteria when I was in college for real who looked exactly like the guy with the tall hair in Kid 'n' Play.

Anonymous said...

Well I had a dream last night that you were moving out of town with someone I didn't know and I was trying to stop you but you wouldn't listen. I never figured out who it was but then I woke up and I couldn't go back to sleep. No more slow churn for me before bedtime.

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

That's some funny shit Jan