Thursday, April 22, 2010

Calling Dr. Love......

So, I see the cardiologist today. They called a few minutes ago to get a medical history and when I answered "no" to 99% of her questions, she was like "um, why do you need to see a cardiologist again?" so I had to explain. I guess I don't fit the mold. What else is new. I'm hoping my lack of family history and everything else means my situation isn't anything to get all worked up over, although it will come in handy when I don't want to have to lift something. (just kidding honey! not really) Anyway, before that I have to go sign Maxipoo up for Parents As Teachers and next week we go visit his new preschool. I can't believe he's old enough for preschool but he is so god help them. His attention span is about -.67 seconds so I'm sure he'll be loads of fun. We're also diligently working on our adoption paperwork, and by diligently I mean veeerrrryyy sssllloooowwwllly. I told Jeff that we were going to get it going THIS EFFING WEEKEND because they're going to tell us to go blow if we don't get our ass in gear. We're settled on Ethiopia, Korea will just be too long of a wait for us olds, and from what I hear it's pretty quick to get a referral, although we're requesting a girl and that historically takes longer but who knows. There is also WAY more paperwork than there was with Korea because we'll actually do the whole court part on our first trip, which sucks because we technically will have adopted her/him in the eyes of the Ethiopian government and then we have to LEAVE HER/HIM THERE FOR 6-12 WEEKS to come home and await the visa approval and then go back for the pick up. Can you believe that?! It's probably the worst aspect of this program but it's better than a 2 year wait.

Anyway, I'll update after my appt to let you know what they say.

3 comments:

Kait said...

This whole you adopting from Ethiopia thing works well for me. Because you and Jeff can work your way through the process and then in a year when David and I start, I'll have someone to beg for knowledge from. I know you're doing this just to make my life easier, so thanks. I appreciate it. (oh, you mean you have other reasons? seriously? huh. fancy that.)

Kait said...

Oh, and I think we need to get Max and my Natalie together. But we shouldn't be there. Because I wouldn't be able to handle the crazy from two kids with zero attention span. So let's find someone else's house and drop them off for a while and see who comes out alive. (my money is not on any adults)

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

Kait, your ideas are sound. I think when they get together, we should leave and discuss very important parenting things over drinks.