Wednesday, June 3, 2009

These should be featured at Sundance.

So, we took some video this weekend of Kimchi. He is a bizarre little child, I tell you. He's really come into his own in the last few weeks and he's burst out with this totally loud and hilarious personality. Well, it's hilarious when he's laughing and being adorable, not so much when I'm sitting in TGI Friday's trying to enjoy my delicious California club and he's yelling and throwing his sippy cup at anyone within reach. He is also growing at an astonishing rate and since we came in late to the game, I have no idea if this is normal or if I'm going to go in one morning and he's going to be Yao Ming size. I also don't know if this little personality was always in there and he was just waiting until he felt comfortable with us to bust it out or if this is just normal progression for a kid. I really should probably pick up a parenting book at some point.

Anyway, this first video I took last weekend after breakfast and no, he's not wearing pants. He does have a diaper on but he is averse to wearing pants at home so I allow it. I don't wear pants so why should he. I keed, I keed. I totally wear pants. He is REALLY trying to talk to us and I wish I knew what he was trying to say because clearly it is of vital importance to Earth. I can't explain the hanger other than he decided he really, really likes them.

The trick I'm referring to at the end is one his daddy taught him called "Climb Into The Chair All By Yourself So Mommy Can Freak Out That You're Going To Fall Off And Crack Your Face Open." We didn't get video of that. Instead, I will now show you The Laughing Video. He spent a good 20 minutes running around his room laughing for no apparent reason. He was really pleased with himself. He has the funniest laugh and at the very end, you can see him go in to french the camera. He is full of l'amour.

The best part of this video is when he gets REALLY tickled by himself, he flails his arms and between the arms and the shirt, he reminds me of Robin Williams as the gay nightclub owner in "The Birdcage." VIVA LA JAZZ HANDS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are darling, but the one of him on the slide is still my fav. Tatum watched it like 20 times and you would have thought it was americas funniest home video.

Erin