Monday, August 4, 2008

He should mow that grass for me

Well, the epic cake weekend is over. Cake #3 was for my mom Jan and my stepdad John's joint birthday/anniversary, which Jan calls their "birthiversary." I went a more traditional route with just a rectangle, but I decided to make 2D decorations along with 3D versions of both of them. I thought it was pretty dang cute.



My mom has a corvette convertible and John restores tractors or something so I decided to make them out of fondant. My favorite part is the little cop 'stash that John has. SO cute. Here are a few closeups of a few of the elements.



This was a big weekend chock full of gumpaste and modeling things out of fondant, neither of which I had really ever done so I'm very pleased with how all the cakes came out. It was a lot of good practice, which is great because I have a few showers and a couple more birthdays coming up in the next few months to prepare for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned out really cute - even cuter than you described! You go with that gum paste, girl.

Gwen said...

It turned out awesome!

Anonymous said...

Amy, That is the neatest cake and we loved it. You are a master and we really appreciate all of your work you put into it. I can't wait until you are on TV as a star.Love, Mom(aka)Jan

Unknown said...

lady... you are a genius!!