Tuesday, March 9, 2010

22 Days

So, I haven't talked much about the house because my agent is all SHUT UP ABOUT THE HOUSE ONLINE lest I divulge too many trade secrets. Little does he know that I only understand about 37% of what he jabbers on about so I'm not a reliable source on anything and as far as I can tell, I'd have a better understanding of cold fusion than these contracts. However, as I fear for my life, I will only speak in sweeping generalizations. At this point, we are in the "negotiating phase" of this house ordeal, which yes, I'm calling an ordeal at this point. Our house, purty as she is, is 112 years old and has some wear and tear. This should come as a surprise to no one. That means that we get our inspection demands tomorrow and it could all go off the rails. Or it could be fine. I'm trying to not plan on a worst case scenario but then I'm pleasantly surprised when things aren't totally jacked up, so that's where my head is. Hope for good, plan for crying. We're still planning on closing on this house AND our new house on the 31st. That's 22 days from now. That's not very long. Hold me.

No comments: