Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Ghost Whisperer II: Electric Boogaloo

So, what did we hear last night just as we were falling asleep? THE EFFING GHOST IN MY HOUSE, that's what. It was about 10:30 and we were in bed and Jeff had just started to doze off and I was enjoying an episode of The Golden Girls when we heard a bang. We both looked at each other and he was like "did you hear that?" and I was like "OF COURSE I HEARD IT, OUR HOUSE IS HAUNTED." He darted out of bed again and I followed but we were unable to locate the source. I've lived here for almost 9 years (Jeff's been here a year longer) so I know the normal noises our house makes. The pipes bang, the dehumidifier kicks on at odd times and the furnace is always groaning but these are more like bumps and bangs, which are CLASSIC GHOST NOISES. Jeff was all "maybe it was the neighbor taking their trash out or something outside?" but no, it wasn't. This noise came from inside our house, I am 100% sure. I'm here all day long and I know the difference. If it had been a trash can being dragged to the curb, it would have been a dragging noise, not a bang and why would they be taking their can to the curb last night when trash day is tomorrow?? The REALLY bizarre part is that every time we hear a ghostly noise, the dog does nothing. Nothing. Not this time and not the snack ball time. Does she not hear them? Is she THAT lazy that she can't bother herself with pursuing ghosts? Who knows. We'll see what happens tonight.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh! I HATE it when the dogs don't react to loud noises at night! The other night the cat dumped her food and water off the table she eats on (yeah, I know) and it crashed to the floor with the loudest bang. The dogs slept right through it. Makes me feel so safe. :p