Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday, Monday...la la la la lala

So, last week was super hectic and busy here. Between Tuesday and yesterday, we had 9 showings, two of which were second showings. That's all super great and awesome except that none of those showings came with a bright shiny offer for me to jump for joy over :( I know I'm being impatient but we got all excited with the activity and now we have the sads. I haven't buried the statue YET but if we don't get anything cookin' in the next few days, that suckers going in head first. THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

In the midst of all this hoopla, we're still filling out paperwork for the new adoption, which is also coming along slower than I would like. It's not difficult, just time consuming, and time is a hot commodity nowadays. We've decided to refer to the new baby as Doug. Doug is not his name, but rather a placeholder name until we can decide on something and "the new baby" is just a lot to say and like I said, I don't have the time to say three words instead of one. Even if it's a girl, she will still be known as Doug. It took us years (I'm not kidding) to agree on Max so unless we name this one Max II like we used to do with our dogs, this could be a struggle. As was the case before, I enjoy names that trend to the unusual while Jeff likes names that won't get the child beat up in middle school. Potato, po-tah-to. Anyway, my goal this week is to get all the paperwork in so I don't have paperwork guilt to add to my normal guilt. We have another showing tonight and an agent thingy tomorrow so SOMEONE PLEASE BUY MY HOUSE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While Doug is a fine place holder name, Tatum and I feel that if it is a girl you should name the baby Ruby... so you can have Max & Ruby!

Congrats on the house.

Erin