Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's just a drill till you hear the sirens

There was a fire in the building I work in yesterday. It was pretty much directly above our office, one floor up. When the alarms went off, no one reacted because they apparently go off randomly but I learned in grade school that if the fire alarm goes off, it's probably a fire so GET THE HELL OUT. The people I work with do not adhere to this philosophy and it took visible smoke in the hall and the rousing of a neighbor to get them the hell out. I was halfway to the stairs while they hemmed and hawed over leaving the equipment. THERE IS A FIRE PEOPLE, WHAT PART OF EVACUATE DO YOU NOT GET? Needless to say, there was minor damage, two people were treated for smoke inhalation and I got an hour and a half break. Weird.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Hmmm . . . smoked kimchi. Not good.