Monday, August 10, 2009

It's MAGICAL!

So, as you can probably tell by the lack of posts here, it's been kinda busy at Kimchi HQ. Work has been busy and pretty much occupying all my time that isn't being occupied by things like feeding a toddler, running after a toddler, reasoning with a screaming toddler, cleaning up poop (I'll get back to that in a sec) and showering. We did manage to break away and join Uncle Jeff and Auntie Laura at the Magic House. It was pretty fun but it was crawling with kids (IMAGINE THAT!) and most of them had not learned this magical thing called manners so I spent a lot of time giving 6 year olds the mom stink-eye. Seriously. What is the deal. This one girl, who was old enough to know better, walked right up while Max was playing with a doorbell display (yes, a doorbell display, which was next to the wall of light switches from which he could not be torn away), squeezed into the 6 inches between us and batted his hand away so she could do it. She said not a word and when her mother appeared, she looked at me like I should have thrust my child away to make way for her precious little princess snowflake. Max just looked up at me like "WTF?" and I said (loudly) "come on honey, this girl is rude and needs to learn to say excuse me." Her mother was not amused but she can suck it because I was on him like white on rice and she was more interested in her blackberry conversation than her kid. Overall he had fun, although he's still a bit wee for all the exhibits. Here are some pics from the day:

They have a section about the US government, complete with a courtroom and Oval Office. Here is His Honor. He is wearing the world's smallest judge's robe. Or graduation gown. You decide.
Here is President Max making a very important decision. He was cracking up the whole room.
They also have a section with different forms of communication and of course, he was on the phone again. This kid and the phone. They are in love.I love how irritated he looks that we took his picture. He is clearly busy talking to no one.

Here we have the obligatory Static Ball Photo. He didn't know what to think but his hair was VERY EXCITED TO BE THERE.
You can't tell but he was looking at me like I was insane. He is probably correct.

Aside from our trip there, we have been sticking close to home. We went out to celebrate Grandma Jan and Grandpa John's birthday(s), during which he grabbed the waitress's boobs like the gentleman he is. We've also had a few playdates here and there, one with a new Korean friend we met at the park and one with our old bud Louie, but honestly he's spent more time in his playpen than outside so I'm a shoo in for the Mother of the Year award. To round it all out, he now has a stomach virus so we've had explosive diarrhea for two days, along with a complete aversion to sleep. Again. It's been loads of fun. And I do mean LOADS.

No comments: