Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adoption Update

So, since things are starting to get kind of exciting, I've decided to post as many adoption updates as I can. As I mentioned last week, we had our fingerprint appointment on Monday. Because I have a disorder called nopatienceitis, I started calling USCIS yesterday to check the status which I'm sure they are thrilled about. Last time we adopted, I probably called USCIS about 378,440 times only to be told by a robot voice every single time to leave a message. I'm still waiting for a call back. This time, however, I left a message for the agent who has our file and she actually called me back and said that our I-600 should be approved by the end of the week. She said it takes 2-4 days for her to get the prints and that's all that she's waiting on. I imagine since I called, my file might get moved to the top so I'm hoping to get a call or letter at any time.

So, now what are we waiting for, you ask? Well, once they approve the I-600, it goes to the National Visa Center and then they send it on to Korea (or something like that.) However, we are also waiting on Korea to issue her Emigration Permit and those are done in monthly batches and they're doing a batch today. If she's in it, I will explode from excitement because that means we will probably be traveling fairly soon but if she has to wait until next month, we'll have a longer delay and probably not travel until late November, early December. I'm planning on the latter and hoping for the former.

And now you know.

No comments: