Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Gotcha Day! (4 days late)

So, I'm a terrible mom and completely forgot to honor our Gotcha Day. That is the day adoptive parents celebrate the day they were united with their child. Most parents go out to celebrate, some have parties and we.......well, we installed light fixtures, completely oblivious to the date. It wasn't until my friend Connie reminded me that I slapped my forehead and had a V8. According to my blog, which I have to use because I have lost the ability to remember anything, we picked him up on December 10, 2008. He was 8 months old and FULL OF ENERGY. Now, on December 14, 2010, he is STILL FULL OF ENERGY but totally our kid who says things like "Oh Em Gee" and "AH-MAAAZING" when he sees something he likes. He knows dinosaur names, and can count and say ABCs and has friends and is pretty much the coolest 2 1/2 year old I know. I am honored to be his mom and thank the woman who had him every day for giving us this kick ass person to call our son.

It really is something to see how far he has come in just 2 years. This was little Beom-Ho Gim in our hotel room the day we got him. He had a bruise on his cheek from falling at his foster mom's house. Apparently he was being rambunctious and fell into a coffee table. YOU DON'T SAY? This should have been a tip off.


This was Max on Sunday, all ready to tackle the snowy hill in the backyard but he was too excited to wait for Jeff to get his snow gear on so he just dropped it in the living room. FIGURES.


Max, we love you more than we thought we could. I want nothing more than to watch you grow into the AH-MAAAZING person I know you will be. Life works in funny ways and I doubt two years ago that we would have known how happy we would all be as a family. Thank you for being you.

1 comment:

Connie said...

We love Max too! And we'll always be happy we met you in Korea!!